It is no secret that education is very important in today’s society. At one point in time education was a luxury and not everyone had the opportunity to complete their education. There were various reasons for them not completing their education but those reasons are very different than today’s reasons. Listed below are the 7 common reasons why students today drop out of school.
It is no secret that many high school girls are get pregnant. When they do get pregnant and have the baby, some think it’s easier to stop school. I mean let’s face it raising children is no easy task. However, this is not the 1800’s or even the early 1900’s. We are maturing at a slower rate meaning at one time you were pretty much an adult at age 13. It was not unusual to be married and have a family at 13. However, with our life span expanding, we have unknowingly hindered our children maturing. Meaning 13 years old is still a baby or at least a child. So when they become pregnant they do not know what else to do but to drop out.
2. Being frustrated at not being able to learn like others.
There are many learning disorders and if not treated it can be very frustrating when it comes to learning. Some just cannot handle it and choose to drop out.
3. Being bored at school
Some students are not being challenged which allows them to be bored while at school. If you are bored do you not try to find something new? Well why should we expect anything less from children? If they are bored they are going to drop out and try something different.
4. Becoming a caregiver to someone
If a parent becomes sick, sometimes it is the job of the child to help take care of the parent while the other parent goes out to support the family. This is sad but true. This too can cause a child to drop out.
5. Being bullied
It is no secret that kids are bullied and in today’s society many do not know how to defend themselves when being bullied. Their solution than is to drop out of school to get away from the bullies.
6. Parent’s not caring if their child attends school
This is another sad but true cause of student drop out. Some parent’s just do not care about their child and their education. When the parent does not care the child just stops going to school.
7. Becoming part of a gang
This goes right along with parent’s not caring. Ganges are a real threat for children these days. Some parent’s just do not care if their child becomes part of a gang. That gang than becomes the child’s family and school is put on the back burner.
People can put the blame on the teachers for students failing exams, but when does the student become responsible for failing or even the parents? When the right to spank children or discipline children in schools were taken away, so was the right to put all the responsibility of teaching children on the teachers. So, what are the top 9 reasons why students fail exams?
1. Parents not helping with homework. I believe schooling starts in the home. Without the parents working with their child and making sure homework is done or helping study for an exam, students will follow bad study habits and not do well on exams.
2. Students not caring about their schooling. If parents do not care about their child’s schooling why should the child? I mean if there is not going to be any consequences in doing bad in school, the child will have no desire to do well in school. Thus, causing the child not to care about their schooling. They do not realize what a privilege it is to be able to go to school and they take it for granted.
3. Not reading enough. By not reading enough, the child is limiting their vocabulary making it difficult to take exams. Reading is the foundation in learning.
4. Not understanding the questions that are being asked. If the child is not reading enough increasing their vocabulary, it makes it hard for them to put context clues together. If they cannot put the context clues together it makes it hard to understand the questions that are being asked.
5. Having an undiagnosed learning disability. There are many undiagnosed learning disabilities because of various reasons. Maybe it is overlooked or maybe the parent’s do not want to believe their child has an issue. In either case, many reasons why students fail exams is due to undiagnosed learning disabilities.
6. Not following directions. Some students try to finish the test quick so they can go back and look at the answers for a second time instead of just trying to do it right the first time. By going through the test fast, sometimes they overlook an important part of the directions that are given causing them to get an entire part of the exam incorrect.
7. Time management. Many have not been taught how to manage their time while taking an exam. This can be a difficult task to accomplish as well. If you take too long on some questions, it could mean you will not have the time to finish the exam. Again, causing you to miss an entire section or more of the exam.
8. Overconfidence. There is the few that feel as though they know everything and by feeling this way it makes them overconfident. By being overconfident the students may decide directions are not for them or they know the answer without thinking about it. This too can cause someone to fail an exam.
9. Mindset. Sometimes failing the exam is as simple as being told you cannot do something so much that you start to believe it. If you have the mindset that you are going to fail the exam than you will tend to not study, follow directions, or even understand the questions because you will not try. Of course, it will be subconsciously that you will not care but none the less if you believe something to be true so much than you tend to make it happen. This too will cause a person to fail the exam.
Education has changed in just the last century. It can and has changed the world. It is a luxury to be able to get an education and it is one that is taken for granted. Instead of looking at education as something we have to do to get through life, we should look at it as a gift of knowledge. We should cherish it. Without education and the advancements that we have had, we may have never been able to fly or even take a boat someplace. These things that we take for granted came from someone challenging education. Here I will talk to you about the top 5 ways education can change the world.
The first way education can change the world is by research. Without education we lose the ability to be able to do research. Meaning we will not be able to find cures for diseases or find new life. Research has become such an important part of education and without it we may never find cures.
The second way education can change the world is by discovery. Think about all we have discovered by going beyond Earth. Without education, none of that would have been possible. There is so much more to discover and without education discovery stops.
The third way education can change the world is by finding new ways to live. All these diets, healthier living, etc. comes from educated people. Without education this too is gone and we lose how to be healthy.
The fourth way education can change the world is by learning from history. Without education we forget what has happened in the past. We forget about what molds us as each individual countries. By forgetting history we forget about our allies vs. enemies. We forget why they are allies or enemies. By forgetting history we allow ourselves vulnerable for an attack.
The fifth way education can change the world is by keeping the economy going. Education employee’s so many people without it they lose their job making them homeless and not an asset to life. Everything circles around. Without people having jobs they cannot spend money. Without people spending money, stores go out of business. You might say well that is just one job. But if those people are not educating others than no one will be educated and businesses will have to close. Money will not circle as it does now causing the economy to fall.
If I can say one thing about education, it is that it has always been important to society. People naturally have the desire to learn and without it some of the great discoveries that has been made in the past would have never been made. Research would not be a thing and people would still be dying from small pox. We would not know ways to be healthier and people would still be dying from heat stroke. We would not learn about the past and would continue to fight with possible allies. Without education the economy would not be a thing. These are the top 5 reasons why education is important.