Solution Manual A History of Mathematics 3rd Edition Katz
Table of Contents
1. Egypt and Mesopotamia.
2. The Beginnings of Mathematics in Greece.
4. Archimedes and Apollonius.
5. Mathematical Methods in Hellenistic Times.
6. The Final Chapter of Greek Mathematics.
7. Ancient and Medieval China.
8. Ancient and Medieval India.
9. The Mathematics of Islam.
10. Medieval Europe.
11. Mathematics Elsewhere.
12. Algebra in the Renaissance.
13. Mathematical Methods in the Renaissance.
14. Geometry, Algebra and Probability in the Seventeenth Century.
15. The Beginnings of Calculus.
16. Newton and Leibniz.
17. Analysis in the Eighteenth Century.
18. Probability and Statistics in the Eighteenth Century.
19. Algebra and Number Theory in the Eighteenth Century.
20. Geometry in the Eighteenth Century.
21. Algebra and Number Theory in the Nineteenth Century.
22. Analysis in the Nineteenth Century.
23. Probability and Statistics in the Nineteenth Century.
24. Geometry in the Nineteenth Century.
25. Aspects of the Twentieth Century.
Descriptions (We sell test banks and solutions manuals only)
A History of Mathematics, Third Edition, provides students with a solid background in the history of mathematics and focuses on the most important topics for today???s elementary, high school, and college curricula. Students will gain a deeper understanding of mathematical concepts in their historical context, and future teachers will find this book a valuable resource in developing lesson plans based on the history of each topic. This book is ideal for a junior or senior level course in the history of mathematics for mathematics majors intending to become teachers.